Learn to make a Hagire-Chan by Maki Manabe, 3pm - 6pm
Hagire is a Japanese word 端切れ meaning scraps of cloth.
Come and learn how to create a Hagire-Chan from Japanese Teddy Bear Artist Maki Manabe, made using cotton Hawaiian themed fabrics. In this workshop, participants can choose to create a bear, cat, rabbit, frog, pig or a monkey.
Maki Manabe is the creator of ALOHA BEAR®, lives in Japan. Maki started making Teddy Bears in 1995.
Her love for Hawaii inspired the creation of her own brand of Teddy Bears named ALOHA BEAR® – Teddy Bears, animals, and dolls made from colorful Hawaiian fabrics.
ALOHA BEAR® was sold in limited editions at Tokyo Disneyland in 2011 and were exhibited at ALOHA TABLE cafe in Hawaii between March to May 2017. Maki also conducts bear making workshops in Korea and Japan. In July 2018, she will hold a solo exhibition in Tokyo Omotesando.
You can view more of Maki’s creations on her page:
*Fees includes all materials.
*No Prior Sewing or Embroidery experience is required.
*Suitable for 12 years old and up.
*Each session is limited to 8 participants.
*Workshop might be cancelled if there is under 2 participants and full course fee will be refunded.
For enquiries, email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Wayne at: email@example.com
Venue: Our Tampines Hub
1 Tampines Walk, Singapore 528523
Function Room #02-05 (Take Escalator from Lobby B)
Date: Saturday, 16 November 2019
Time: 11am - 2pm
How to Get Here
By MRT (Train):
Alight at Tampines MRT Station (DT32, EW2) (approx. 5 mins walk)
Bus Stop A & B – 3, 10, 20, 22, 23, 31, 34, 39, 65, 67, 292, 293
Bus Stop C – 22, 293
The Basement 2 Car Park can be accessed by Entrance A & C, via Tampines Avenue 4 & 5 or via Tampines Walk. The Basement 1 Car Park can be accessed by Entrance B
(See directions outlined below)
For more information about the venue, visit:
Terms & Conditions
1. Fees for scheduled classes must be paid fully in advance to secure your booking. Your booking is only confirmed once full payment has been received.
2. Once your booking is confirmed, no refunds or transfers to another class will be given.
3. Payment will be fully forfeited in the event of No Show regardless of unforeseen
circumstances. We recommend that you arrange for someone to attend in your place. Please inform us of the person who will be attending in your place prior to the start of the class.
4. The organiser of the Singapore Teddy & Friends Show and Our Tampines Hub, management and staff or anyone involved with the show will not be held responsible for any mishap due to the incorrect use of equipment/tools or any allergic reaction to the materials used during class. If you have any material allergy, kindly check with us before registering for the class. For any enquiry, please contact Wayne at 9837 9627.
6. The organiser of the Singapore Teddy & Friends Show / Wayneston Studios reserves the copyrights of photography and videos taken in class for future promotional purposes, without prior notice. If you do not wish to be included in such, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us prior to the class. Failure to do so will mean that you waive all rights to Wayneston Studios to use photos or videos that we have captured during the class.
Visit our website for more information: http://sgteddyandfriendsshow.com/