Reindeer Amigurumi (Crochet for Beginners) by Knotty Bicsie, 11am - 2pm
Amigurumi is a Japanese word passionately used to refer to knitted/crochet toys. In this workshop, we will be learning to crochet our very own Xmas Reindeer Amigurumi.
You will be learning the following basic techniques:
- Magic Loop
- Single Crochet
- Sewing up
There will be a live demonstration on how to make PomPoms by our very own 9 year old PomPom Artist, Edda Leow.
*Size of Reindeer: Diameter is approx 7cm, Height approx 10cm
*Fees includes all materials.
*No Prior crochet experience is required.
*Suitable for 15 years old and up.
*Each session is limited to 20 participants.
*Workshop might be cancelled if there is under 2 participants and full course fee will be refunded.
Betsy Toh was a recipient of the Lee Kuan Yew Gold Medal Award for 2001–2002. Betsy previously specialised in teaching ‘O’ Level Art at, amongst others: Pierce Secondary School; Pei Hwa Secondary School; and, Singapore Chinese Girls’ School, Singapore. She graduated with a Bachelor of Arts (1st Class Honours in Visual Arts) with Diploma in Education from Nanyang Technological University/National Institute of Education. Though devoted to her teaching assignments, Betsy continued to be active in her own art practice. She was one of the four artists who participated in a time-and community-based collaborative art project titled Blk 124 Kim Tian Place in Nokia Singapore Art 2001. The project involved interaction with the public and received overwhelming response. A versatile artist, Betsy has explored various issues in her work and has exhibited her installations and photographic works in Singapore.
After leaving MOE as an Art Teacher, Betsy started Knotty Bicsie 13 years ago through a series of “happy accidents”. She started off selling her unique crocheted baby booties and amigurumis as gifts. Gradually, her fans were inspired to learn the skills too, and she started conducting classes 11 years ago. With support from her fast-growing Knotty Fan Club, Knotty Bicsie has blossomed from a humble, cosy home-studio to her current creative space at Vertex.
Besides being a people-person, Betsy is a lover of nature and animals. She draws much of her inspiration from her delightful 9 year old daughter and her adorable 2 year old pet chinchilla. For this year’s Singapore Teddy & Friends Show, she will be creating a series of Forest Spirits and Forest Creatures. For the first time, Betsy will be using mixed media in her Limited Edition soft sculptures. Also, for the first time, Betsy will be bringing along with her third batch of Amigurumi Artists from her annual Amigurumi Artist Incubator Program to showcase their creative works made during the course of a 3 and a half month program.
Come see her Creations and gain an intimate glimpse into Betsy’s whimsical dreamscape!
Visit Betsy’s Facebook page at:
For enquiries, email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Wayne at: email@example.com
Venue: Our Tampines Hub
1 Tampines Walk, Singapore 528523
Function Room #02-05 (Take Escalator from Lobby B)
Date: Saturday, 16 November 2019
Time: 11am - 2pm
How to Get Here
By MRT (Train):
Alight at Tampines MRT Station (DT32, EW2) (approx. 5 mins walk)
Bus Stop A & B – 3, 10, 20, 22, 23, 31, 34, 39, 65, 67, 292, 293
Bus Stop C – 22, 293
The Basement 2 Car Park can be accessed by Entrance A & C, via Tampines Avenue 4 & 5 or via Tampines Walk. The Basement 1 Car Park can be accessed by Entrance B
(See directions outlined below)
For more information about the venue, visit:
Terms & Conditions
1. Fees for scheduled classes must be paid fully in advance to secure your booking. Your booking is only confirmed once full payment has been received.
2. Once your booking is confirmed, no refunds or transfers to another class will be given.
3. Payment will be fully forfeited in the event of No Show regardless of unforeseen
circumstances. We recommend that you arrange for someone to attend in your place. Please inform us of the person who will be attending in your place prior to the start of the class.
4. The organiser of the Singapore Teddy & Friends Show and Our Tampines Hub, management and staff or anyone involved with the show will not be held responsible for any mishap due to the incorrect use of equipment/tools or any allergic reaction to the materials used during class. If you have any material allergy, kindly check with us before registering for the class. For any enquiry, please contact Wayne at 9837 9627.
6. The organiser of the Singapore Teddy & Friends Show / Wayneston Studios reserves the copyrights of photography and videos taken in class for future promotional purposes, without prior notice. If you do not wish to be included in such, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us prior to the class. Failure to do so will mean that you waive all rights to Wayneston Studios to use photos or videos that we have captured during the class.
Visit our website for more information: http://sgteddyandfriendsshow.com/